Atom 330 testing

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:38:57 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> This board would make a very nice low-power server if it could boot
> reliably.

I'm running the earlier brother to this with Linux and it is fine.

The only weakness is the southbridge fan - they fail early
in their life.  Google it and you'll see it isn't just my experience.
I'd never run this with the stock fan - this fan is required
for the southbridge and also the passive air it shoots to the CPU next to
it.

I opted for an Antec Spot Cool to provide cooling.

--Donald