What is the best XServer font configuration to use with international fonts (Cyrillic/Chinese/Korean)

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sun Mar 22 16:39:56 PDT 2009

Lars Eighner wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Yuri wrote:
>
>> I use the following font section:
>> Section "Files"
>>   FontPath   "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
>>   FontPath   "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/"
>> EndSection
>>
>> What is the best font configuration to use to show all those
>> languages nicely?
>
> The place to deal with these issues is in your windows manager, or in
> some
> cases, the configuration of individual applications.  I do not know if
> there
> really is a single best solution to your problem, but only that the
> solution
> is not in the X configuration.

Lars,

I don't know understand why xorg.conf isn't the place. If there are no
fonts for
some language they should be installed and corresponding lines placed
into xorg.conf.
Some fonts may be defective. So they shouldn't be put there.
So xorg.conf has to do with the problem.

I specifically have an issue with the font calls "sans-serif" that FF
uses to show Cyrillic texts.
It must have come from FontPath in XServer.

Yuri