Need help for acroread8

Manish Jain invalid.pointer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 22:41:34 PDT 2009

Hello Boris,

I can't really explain how, but I have got acroread8 up and running
on my system. All I did was deinstall and reinstall pango and
linux-pango. I then created the following 2 symlinks :

/compat/linux/etc/pango/pango.modules ->
/compat/linux/etc/pango/i686-redhat-linux-gnu/pango.modules

/compat/linux/usr/bin/pango-querymodules ->
/compat/linux/usr/bin/pango-querymodules-32

Then I ran /compat/linux/usr/bin/pango-querymodules as root, which
populated pango.modules. Once that happened, to my surprise,
acroread fired up and ran seamlessly. It still gives the warning
about the missing libgnomebreakpad.so, like all other linux
inherited applications do, but that appears to be harmless.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards
Manish Jain
invalid.pointer at gmail.com