MySQL 5.0 on FreeBSD 7

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Fri Mar 20 11:15:02 PDT 2009

On Friday 20 March 2009 09:38:27 Matt Juszczak wrote:
> I decided to install a 64 bit version of FreeBSD 7.x (to address the 8 GB
> RAM in the box) and attempt to build with pthreads enabled, as well as a
> static build and optimized compiler options.  Once again, got the
> error/warning in ports that the linux pthreads only works with the i386 32
> bit setup.

You're confusing linux-threads with pthreads. The performance boosts mentioned
are done using the FreeBSD Posix threads ("pthreads") library, in FreeBSD 7.x
they are implemented using libthr(3).
The benchmarks also assume you are using SCHED_ULE, rather then SCHED_4BSD.
Nothing should be configured if you run GENERIC later then 7.0-RELEASE.

There are tips available here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/mysql.html
--
Mel