FreeBSD 7.1 on Dell PowerEdge 850

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Mar 19 08:06:14 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 14:10 -0500, Dean Weimer wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone is running FreeBSD 7.1 on a Dell PowerEdge 850
> with SATA raid, I have 5.4 installed on one now, because there was a
> problem with the Intel ich5 sata chipset on 6.x branch at the time I

RAID on the 850 is rare, since the drives are fixed position non-hotswap
(and the unit doesn't have a single other redundant component)

Check the NYCBSDUG dmesg(8):

    http://www.nycbug.org/

If not there, then post it after you try.

~BAS

PS.  Its software assisted RAID, right, not some AMI/LSI/QLogic hack?