Adding new domain in mail server

Remorque odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 00:02:45 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Ruel Luchavez <ruel.freebsd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi list..
>
> we have here a mail server running in FreeBSD 6.2 which is holding out 2
> domain (e.g user at mydomain.com. who at mydomain2.com) and it running very
> good,
> unfortunately I'm not the person who configure this mail stuff.
>
> heres my problem:
>
> we bought a new domain (e.g mydomain3.com) and Im planning to add the
> domain
> to our mail server so that I could create a new email ad with the new
> domain
> (e.g user3 at mydomain3.com). how will I do that?

This depends on your SMTP server, but by the way you have asked this
question, I don't think you will manage to do it. You are so green for that
task.

Anyway, find out what the SMTP server installed is, how it handles virtual
domains and how they are configured (user maps).

If you are familiar with Apache, PHP, MySQL, I'd suggest that you consider
Vexim (http://silverwraith.com/vexim) as an easier to manage system for
handling virtual domains.

If you need assistance in migrating, we can help (I can help).

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,