installing packages

icemaca icemaca at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:26:40 PDT 2009

marco.borsatino at libero.it wrote:
> Hi, this are my questions.
>
> 1) I've installed many packages using pkg_add -rK [package] because I had the idea to use the same packages on a different PC. Packages are present in the directory i used as a repository, but only the requested packages, not the dependecies.

what you did only saves (keeps) the *first* package you  enter  in the
pkg_add command (only 1 package). not sure how well -R works, but you
would be better off with portupgrade -NPP x11/xorg etc.. to use packages or
portupgrade -Np x11/kde4 or portmaster -gu x11/kde4 to use ports and
keep packages.