Anyone runs 7.1 with an IBM X3650 (64 bits ARCH) ?

Artis Caune artis.caune at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:06:39 PDT 2009

2009/3/13 Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr>:
> Hello
>
> Everything is in the subject :-)
>
> Thanks for any infos
>
> Purpose is migration of a mailhub

We have some weird problems with sata disks, sas works just great.
(ServeRAID 8k)
3Gbps not working, we get lot of aac cmd timeouts. IBM support cooked
new firmwares, no help, raid bios is now loading 3-4 minutes, finaly
they told to switch to 1.5Gbps. Works better, but anyway, we have
replaced 2 disks in last 6 months and now one is waiting for
replacement because of:
   aacd0: hard error cmd=write fsbn 455142322

btw, linux is freezing on ours x3650+sata (even their supported red
hat or whatever it was) :)
IBM support have also replaced IBM sata disks to non-IBM sata disks
for 15 x3550 boxes, works fine.

Before sata, we have only sas disks, no problems, ever.

--
regards,
Artis Caune

<----. CCNA | BSDA