Logcheck errors after cvsup

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 14 02:49:01 PDT 2009

Hi,

I cvsupped my portstree yesterday and updated my system with portupgrade -a.
All went well except for logcheck. Since the cvsup I don't receive the normal
hourly mail with the results of the checking in my mailbox but the following
(the subject of the mail is: Cron <logcheck at yokozuna> if
[ -x /usr/local/sbin/logcheck ]; then nice -n10 /usr/local/sbin/logcheck;
fi):

/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 49: syntax error near
unexpected token `)'
/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 49: `date +'%Y-%m-%d %H:
%M')"'
/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 530: syntax error near
unexpected token `)'
/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 530: `hostname -f)"'
/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 621: syntax error near
unexpected token `)'
/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 621:
`mktemp -d /tmp/logcheck.XXXXXX)'
mkdir: /cracking: Permission denied
/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 145: syntax error near
unexpected token `)'
/usr/local/sbin/logcheck: command substitution: line 145: `export)'
Null message body; hope that's ok
usage: rm [-f | -i] [-dIPRrvW] file ...
       unlink file

Has someon perhaps an idea what happened here? I couldn't find anything that
suggested that the logcheck files had changed or something.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Marco

--
You will soon meet a person who will play an important role in your life.