gnash and ff3

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:01:56 PDT 2009

Neal Hogan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 7-1 RELEASE running with up-to-date packages, including firefox3. I
> also have gnash-0.8.3 and mozplugger-1.10.2.
>
> I'm confused as to why gnash and mozplugger are not automatically enabled
> and/or used by ff3. That is, ff claims not to have any plug-ins. I have the
> same set-up on an oBSD machine and didn't have to do anything special to get
> them working together (that I can remember). Can someone help jog my memory
> or point me to something useful? Thanks.

Try creating symlinks of the files from /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins
to /usr/local/lib/firefox3/plugins
Normally this should not be necessary in recent firefox3 versions but YMMV

Also try running firefox3 from the terminal and see if it complains
about plugins that cannot be loaded because of errors (missing files or
whatever)