Error starting Snort via rc.d

FreeBSD freebsd at optiksecurite.com
Thu Mar 12 12:12:51 PDT 2009

Hello list!

I'm running FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE-p3 with a fresh ports tree. I just
installed Snort 2.8.2.2_2 from the ports. The problem is that I always
got an error when I want to start/stop/restart Snort via
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/snort.

I isolated the part of the script that is outputting the error. The
problem comes from the last line : run_rc_command "$1"

The error I get is :
eval: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting ")")

I don't have any problem starting MySQL, so I don't understand why
there's a problem with this command only for Snort.

Thanks for your precious help,

Martin