is there a laptop ?
doug at polands.org
Thu Mar 12 09:18:57 PDT 2009
Chris Whitehouse wrote:
> Saifi Khan wrote:
>> Hi all:
>> i've looked at tuxmobil, bsdgroup.de etc and i don't want to use
>> ndiswrapper, or broadcom or additional PCMCIA card at all.
>> Is there a laptop model (available in market) that experienced
>> members would like to recommend wherein . the WiFi 802.11 a/g (PCI
>> . Ethernet port . and ACPI work absolutely fine with FreeBSD 7.x ?
Coming in kinda late on this thread but... I recently came across a
Toshiba Satellite L350 (L355D-S7825). It works quite nicely with
The only issues are...
* needed to build ath wireless driver based on some stuff I googled
* Doesn't recognize on-board bluetooth, modem, or SD card reader.
* The touchpad surface is flush with palm rest and triggered too easily
* Display only does 1440x900
* 2 hour battery life.
* 7.1-STABLE amd64 runs great!
* Radeon video works great
* ath wireless and rl0 work great
* 2.0GHz AMD dual with 3GB RAM
* Only $600 from BestBuy
* 17" display
* Does Ubuntu 8.10 (amd64) flawlessly, even 64-bit flash
This is no high-end HP or Lenovo, but for $600US, it's not a bad laptop
for 64-bit FreeBSD. Never tried ACPI features, I just assume
suspend/resume will not work and power on/off. YMMV
More information about the freebsd-questions