is there a laptop ?
cwhiteh at onetel.com
Wed Mar 11 16:30:24 PDT 2009
Saifi Khan wrote:
> Hi all:
> i've looked at tuxmobil, bsdgroup.de etc and i don't want to use
> ndiswrapper, or broadcom or additional PCMCIA card at all.
> Is there a laptop model (available in market) that experienced
> members would like to recommend wherein
> . the WiFi 802.11 a/g (PCI based)
> . Ethernet port
> . and ACPI
> work absolutely fine with FreeBSD 7.x ?
> freebsd-questions at freebsd.org mailing list
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"
HP nc6320 (google RH383ET) - most things work, including wifi and
ethernet, except for the following:
- gives a repeated message like acpi_tz0 absurd value ignoring
- dmesg shows dvd drive errors on each boot and later hald-addon-storage
will start using 100%cpu till it is killed (I think they are connected
but haven't really investigated)
- with FreeBSD (latest PCBSD) cpu fan comes on more than it did with
windows and battery doesn't last as long
- haven't tested suspend/resume or internal modem.
- don't think the finger print reader or the card reader are recognised.
- build quality is probably not as good as the IBM's
Sorry not to give exact messages, I'm at a different machine but I can
give you dmesg etc later if required.
PS don't buy from laptopsdirect.co.uk unless you want to get spammed
from them and various associated online shops.
More information about the freebsd-questions