port nasm wont upgrade

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Mar 10 08:02:30 PDT 2009

Brent Clark <brentgclarklist at gmail.com> writes:

> Im trying to upgrade SDL, but I need nasm to upgrade first.
>
> Trying to do so, I get ...
>
> zulu# make install
> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> ===>  Extracting for nasm-2.05.01,1
> => No MD5 checksum recorded for nasm-2.05.01.tar.bz2.
> => No SHA256 checksum recorded for nasm-2.05.01.tar.bz2.
> => No suitable checksum found for nasm-2.05.01.tar.bz2.
> => No MD5 checksum recorded for nasm-2.05.01-xdoc.tar.bz2.
> => No SHA256 checksum recorded for nasm-2.05.01-xdoc.tar.bz2.
> => No suitable checksum found for nasm-2.05.01-xdoc.tar.bz2.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/nasm.
>
> I even tried portupgrade -kO nasm.
>
> If anyone can assist, it would be appreciated.

You seem to be be missing /usr/ports/devel/nasm/distinfo.

You can re-create it with "make makesum", but that would defeat the
point of checking file integrity in the first place.  Besides, if you
have a missing (or corrupted) file in your ports tree, there may be
others.  If you update your ports tree regularly anyway, I would
recommend removing that directory and updating.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/