PHP5-extensions Setup

Jos Chrispijn jos at webrz.net
Sat Mar 7 02:13:54 PST 2009

I had some related issues to this with Apache 1.3.41. What I noticed
allready for quite some time is this:

If I want to add an extension to my php5 allready installed ones, I go to

/usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
make config

and add an extention to be added later.

But the other way around doesn't work; to deactivate one should think to
run the same 'make config' and delete the X that indicates the extension
is active, thus making it inactive. After quiting setup there would be
an update (uninstall of the unchecked extension) and that would be it.
In present situation, nothing happens though.
Do I overlook something here? What would be the right procedure if I
uncheck an extension from the setup parameter screen in order to
physically delete all deactivated extension's related links and programs
and update the /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini file?

Jos