FreeBSD + Samba + OpenLDAP + iSCSI +Netapp , anyone ?

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:34:28 PST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 1:37 AM, Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr> wrote:

> Hello
>
> All is in the subject :-) Does anyone has setup such server configuration
>
> A server running FreeBSD and supporting Samba server software with OpenLDAP
> backend and using iSCSI as disk access protocol
> to a Netapp filer for Samba volumes ?
>
> I plan this so passed experiences are welcome !
>
> Thanks a lot

I've done the Samba+OpenLDAP -- I have an install still running off that.
iSCSI isn't hard to add into it, but I've never heard or ran Netapp.  So I'd
offer my help with OpenLDAP+Samba.  iSCSI is easy (keeping in mind the ACL
built into iSCSI); and maybe someone else can help with Netapp.

Good Luck.