[OT] Server hosting with FreeBSD

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:09:03 PST 2009

>        We´re looking for good hosting services that offer instalations of
> FreeBSD in dedicated servers.
>        Any one could point some?
>        Most of the companies offer Linux and Windows, but only few with
> FreeBSD.
>        The one thar we use today, only install a fixed image. Just a simple
> custom partition modification, cannot be done.

There is (believe it or not) a webpage on the freebsd.org website that
lists some commercial businesses that offer colocation and/or
dedicated servers:

http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/isp.html

My server is colocated with m5hosting.com (halfway down on that page)
in San Diego.  I'm very happy with them.  I'm running 5 video game
servers for the free game Urban Terror on my server.