Quirk with latex-suite]

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Mar 5 13:30:26 PST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 2:28 AM, David Karapetyan wrote:

> Hello; I am having a funny little problem with latex-suite.

Is that the name of the port?  I don't see anything by that name in my
ports tree.  Googling around, I see that latex-suite is a plug-in for
vim.

> When I press
> <F5>, and am prompted with a list of environments to insert, no matter
> which I choose, it is inserted with a superfluous " that appears right
> before the cursor. So, for example,
>
> \begin{equation}
> "cursor_is_here
> \end{equation}

One thing to check is whether your version of latex-suite is
appropriate for your version of vim.  It may be that move to vim 7
broke something.

> Does latex-suite do this by default? What file do I need to edit to
> change this setting (I'd like to get rid of the quote mark).

I'm afraid I've never used it (on any platform, though I think I might
give it a try).  If you don't get any useful help on the FreeBSD list,
try joining

Also the Usenet group comp.text.tex is remarkably helpful.

-j