tool to determine server stability issues

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:29:13 PST 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 13:41, Robert Huff wrote:
>        On my system:
>
> huff@> whereis httpd
> httpd: /usr/local/sbin/httpd /usr/local/man/man8/httpd.8.gz
>
>        Someone's looking in the wrong place.  (Unless you've twiddled
> /all/ the settings.)

Thank you Robert and some information for the rest. It turns out these
two prcoesses looking for /usr/sbin/httpd were zombies so to say (and
they were the cause of my problems). Someone used a php script
vulnarability and placed a script in /tmp. Apart from looking for
security holes in php scripts, I am going to monitor /tmp. I am
embarrased to say I haven't done that so far. I am writing it to warn
people like myself.

All the best,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot