bsd.rd for FreeBSD install

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:08:23 PST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:13 AM, <perryh at pluto.rain.com> wrote:

> > If the machines have floppies, there are downloadable floppy
> > images.
>
> Is anyone aware of a simple method to construct a bootable
> zip-drive image from the floppy images and/or bootonly.iso?

problem is to create the zip disk bootable.  Never tried this, would be
COMPLETELY BIOS dependant, and I know of no sure-fire way to make it work.

But the process would be the same.  Install a bootloader on the zip disk,
either install a bsd system, or copy the bootonly directories and files to
the zip disk...  then the zip would act as a bootonly cd...

I've been shipped, by Iomega, a 750MB zip drive in wrong exchange by Iomega
of a 2TB USB drive.  I'm a little torqued.

--TJ