libpthread not found

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Tue Mar 3 07:54:32 PST 2009

On Sunday 01 March 2009 00:41:54 m.borsatino at alice.it wrote:

> I've installed netbeans from ports without error messages. when I started
> the program I got an error like this: "libpthread.so.2 needed by java not
> found". I've verified that there is a libpthread.so.20 in
> /usr/local/lib/pth.

Did you upgrade your machine to 6.x to 7.x recently and not recompile your
ports? That's the only way I can think of that would "install netbeans
without error messages". Your java was compiled on 6.x and used
libpthread.so.2 and libc.so.6 from there.
If you installed diablo-jdk15 on your 7.x system the compat6x port should have
been installed automatically.
The other case that could explain this, would be that you modified
ldconfig_paths in /etc/rc.conf and removed /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg.

Either way, if you have:
diablo-jdk-1.5.* in /var/db/pkg, you should do what Dan said and install
misc/compat6x.
libmap.conf is a bad idea.
--
Mel