Ports on Macbook

michael michael.copeland at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 05:33:26 PST 2009

Marc Coyles wrote:

> "This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple
> Software on a single *Apple-labeled* computer at a time"
>
> So, in theory, apply white lx tape to any PC, write "APPLE" on it
> in black marker. That PC is now labelled "Apple" and you can therefore
> use their software on it legally... (?) O_o
>
> Marci

playing the semantics game has gotten people in trouble before.
on a side note, Sweden is a member of Interpol, and therefore subject to
international laws.

 #this is specifically to our Swedish friend

"http://www.interpol.int/Public/ICPO/Members/default.asp"
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpol"
In order to maintain as politically neutral a role as possible,
Interpol's constitution <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution>
forbids its involvement in crimes that do not overlap several member
countries,^[2] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpol#cite_note-1> or in
any political, military, religious, or racial crimes.^[3]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpol#cite_note-2> Its work focuses
primarily on public safety, terrorism
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism>, organized crime
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime>, war crimes
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crimes>, illicit drug
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illicit_drug> production, drug trafficking
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_trafficking>, weapons smuggling
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_smuggling>, human trafficking
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking>, money laundering
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering>, child pornography
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_pornography>, white-collar crime
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-collar_crime>, computer crime
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_crime>, intellectual property
crime <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_Property> and
corruption <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_corruption>.

violating laws of more than one member state, in this case the united
states and anywhere that a stolen copy transfers to in the member states
constitutes a crime. that being digital or physical media. people have
already been prosecuted in countries for doing exactly this and arguing
that their own laws say its not forbidden.