unhappy XOrg upgrade ate the linux version of libuuid.so.1

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 16:17:58 PST 2009

20090121:
  AFFECTS: users of devel/linux-glib2, emulation/linux_base-f4
  AUTHOR: bsam at FreeBSD.org

  Glib2 now is incorporated to emulation/linux_base-fc4 (it has always
  been a part of more recent linux base ports). All users should deinstall
  devel/linux-glib2 and then deinstall/reinstall emulation/linux_base-f4.

read UPDATING next time

Steve Franks wrote:
> I think.  My linux packages stopped working.  Anyone else
> experienced/verified/fixed this behavior?
>
> "error while loading shared libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libuuid.so.1:
> ELF file OS ABI invalid"
>
> portupgrade *linux* gives
>
> ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> 	- devel/linux-glib2 (port directory error)
>
> No doubt the source of the issue.  Does a fix exist?
>
> Steve

Eitan Adler
"Security is increased by designing for the way humans actually behave."
-Jakob Nielsen