Bridging-(How to test and verify that bridging is enabled)

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Mar 2 00:28:18 PST 2009

Hi,

> I connected two linux PCs with these two interfaces (sk0 and sk1)
> and tried to ping between them but didnt get any
> success.configuration seems to be ok, but still no traffice is being
> passed. Can any one give any sugestion ?

Stupid question, but if you connect the 2 Linux boxes directly
(without the FreeBSD bridge in between) can they ping eachother?

Are you using properly crossed cables?

On the FreeBSD box, you can tcpdump(8) and see the packets moving:
tcpdump -i sk0 and tcpdump -i sk1 and you will see the pick request
and ping echo packets.

Olivier