Trouble Upgrading VIM

APseudoUtopia apseudoutopia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 22:15:28 UTC 2009

Hey,

I emailed the list about two weeks ago, but received no responses. I'm
having problems upgrading the VIM-Lite port from version 7.2.171 to
7.2.209. I'm getting the following error:

=> 7.2.041% doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/vim.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/.
fetch: http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.041%: Bad Request

This "Bad Request" continues for all the mirrors of the patch file. It
seems that a percent sign is being appended to the URL for some
reason. I was informed on IRC that this was a known problem and it was
corrected some time ago. I have been updating my ports tree both daily
(via the cron option) and immediately before I try updating. I use
Portsnap to update the tree. This did not solve the problem. I then
deleted my entire ports tree, along with all files in
/var/db/portsnap, then ran portsnap fetch extract. After extracting an
entirely new ports tree, the error upgrading VIM-Lite still occurred.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? It's been going on for some time now.