Using ctorrent or other program to seed a torrent

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:56:31 UTC 2009

Thanks to everyone who helped. A couple of clarifications:

 % I'm not trying to share a file I downloaded. This is a file I
 created from scratch.

 % I don't want to seed for just 12 hours. I want to seed for days,
 maybe even weeks or months.

 % I don't necessarily want to run a tracker. I'm happy to use a
 public tracker like thepiratebay.org. I just want to seed the file.

Is ctorrent the wrong program for this? Is there a better program to
seed torrents?