AMD64 VM with OpenGL?

xorquewasp at googlemail.com xorquewasp at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 21:59:08 UTC 2009

On 2009-06-29 23:34:08, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 08:14:17PM +0100, xorquewasp at googlemail.com wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > What's the preferred virtual machine on FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE on amd64 if
> > OpenGL support is required?
>
> Depends on what your definitions of a virtual machine and OpenGl support
> are. :-)

Yeah, probably should have mentioned that!

I actually meant the definition you gave: a VM with native OpenGL
acceleration.

I wonder if the virtualbox port to FreeBSD is likely to be able to
use this at all:

  http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~andreslc/xen-gl/

Virtualbox + VMGL seems the most likely candidate at the moment -
I'm just not sure if it's currently stable at all.

xw