apache22: "Can't access startfile"

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 22:41:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Gary Kline<kline at thought.org> wrote:

>        Can anybody remind me what all I need to do to create a new virtual
>        website?  (Or move /usr/local/www/foo to /usr/local/www/bar/ and have
>        "bar" be my new website?  I've seen this lynx error:
>        "Can't access startfile" before and can't remeber what I'm doing wrong.
>
>        thanks for some clues here,

Take a look at the error log for apache, as I suspect the following:
usually, apache wants to look in /usr/local/www/apache22/* for its
information.  If you have changed <DocumentRoot>, could you give us
snippets (if not all) of your httpd.conf ?

>        PS: yes, i edited the apache22/Includes/httpd-local.conf and restarted the
>        etc/rv.d/apache script... .

Is this apache13, 20, or 22 by the way?

--
Glen Barber