you're not going to believe this.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Jun 24 00:34:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:30:25PM -0500, Gary Gatten wrote:
> If it's fast enough to allow one to work unimpeded, has acceptable
> lifetime/reliability, and uses less power/generates less heat than
> traditional platter HD - I'd say it's a good solution.  It's not a one
> size fits all world.

	hm.  but then, the rhetorical question might be: Does any one thing
	fit everyone?

	seriously, i did check the specs sheet for this flavor of SSD.  the most
	noteworthy thing was the statement that this device lasts ten years
	before it fails to hold state.  the youtube video demo'd the narrator
	using windoze XP and editing a video, then task-switching and browsing the
	net.  it showed some girl talking; her voice was audible.

	i'll post the site if i ever find it, but i gather it was from dec, '08.

	gary

       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php
    The 4.98a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php