Checksum mismatches when csup-ing.

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Tue Jun 23 13:31:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:43:36PM +0200, Paul van der Zwan wrote:

> On 23 jun 2009, at 05:55, Frank Shute wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 07:17:40PM +0200, Paul van der Zwan wrote:
>>>
>>> The last few days I see a dozens of Checksum mismatches when csup-ing
>>> src-all from cvsup.freebsd.org.
>>> No errors appear on ports-all.
>>> Is there a problem with the cvs repository ?
>>
>> Most people will use a local mirror as listed in the handbook:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
>>
>> Check and see if you have the same problem with one of the mirror
>> sites.
>>

> I have tried both cvsup.freebsd.org and cvsup.nl.freebsd.org with both
> csup and cvsup and I get checksum mismatches on all attempts.

Haven't tried those 2 but I'm OK on cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org so I suspect
the problem is with your end.

>> If you've got the same problem, then your cvsup config file for src
>> could be up the creek.
>>
> I have deleted /usr/sup/src-all/* bun that did not fix the checksum
> errors,
> just gave me a lot of SetAttr messages the first run.

I wonder if it is some sort of permission problem. Runlevel OK? You
might want to check if somebody has done something funny with
extended attributes (setextattr(8) etc.).

> If you mean my c{v}sup config file, that hasn't been changed in years
> and
> how would an error in that file cause errors on src-all but none on
> ports-all ?

I didn't know you had ports and src in the same config. I keep mine
separately.

Where do you put your ports btw? Under /usr/sup/ or /usr/ports/ ?

>> If the problem disappears, then the server is up the creek.
>>
> I am stumped, as far as I can tell it's no local config problem, but
> what's causing it?
> I have no idea..
> Am I the only one seeing these errors ?

Maybe you could cut & paste the output from a run & post it. (Or the
bits that look relevant). Use script(1) to capture the output.

> 	Paul
>

>>> The fact that all errors are on src-all and none on ports-all make me
>>> suspect it is not a local problem on
>>> my system as both end up on the same filesystem here.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> PS I am not on this list so please reply directly as well
>>>

>> Regards,
>>
>>--
>>
>> Frank

Regards,