upgrading installed ports: time to do it ?

danny meslists at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 21 19:06:03 UTC 2009

Hi list members ,

I frequently update the contents of the ports tree but I have never upgraded
any port. I am studying the way to do it, by following the handbook and an
article on The FreeBSD Diary about the use of portupgrade.
At the moment I am focuing the attention to the '/usr/ports/UPDATING' file.
The question that arose is the following: is there any automated way to check
if any of the port to be upgraded has specific upgrading notes written in
that file ?
Do you prefer doing a mass or selective upgrade ?

Thanks !

dan