off topic: unmanageable switch?

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass9573 at gmx.com
Fri Jun 19 10:23:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

This has nothing to do with FreeBSD. I have to buy 3-4 24/16
port ethernet switches for a school. Could you recommend a
brand/model? I don't know if such recommendations should be
done off list?

My list of priorities, with 1 being the most important.
1. Price
2. Stability
3. No "smart" features
	OK, this looks like a .1Q frame, let's drop it.
	This MAC address is active on many ports, let's drop it.
4. STP support
	Would be nice, just to prevent cabling errors.
	There is not gonna be deliberate use of duplicate
	links between the switches to increase availability.

Thanks in advance and excuse the off topic nature of my
question

Nikos