PACKAGESITE Directory Structure

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:31:03 UTC 2009

Hello, list.

After trying to figure out the incorrect directory structure for some
of the packages hosted on my site, I am at a loss.

After reading through /usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/add/main.c from
HEAD, lines 337-340 seems to suggest that if 'Latest' is not found,
'All' is implied to pkg_add when PACKAGESITE is explicitly defined
(otherwise overridden with hard-coded values).

With that, I am still trying to figure out the proper hierarchy:

Scenario 1.) If I 'pkg_add -r foo.3.2_1.tbz' from www.example.com/packages,
should 'All' be implied after 'packages' (packages/All)?

Scenario 2.) Same pkg_add command from
www.example.com/packages/mybinary/package -- should 'All' be a
subdirectory of packages/ or mybinary/?

It appears that this "if 'Latest/' is not found, overwrite as 'All/'"
may be expected, but I am getting conflicting output.

Any input is appreciated.

--
Glen Barber