Announcing: FreeBSD Custom XFCE ISO (take II)

Randall Wood rswood at therandymon.com
Wed Jun 17 20:21:50 UTC 2009

> First I want to say thank you. This is very welcome for my older slow
> laptop.

I'll second the thanks.  Believe it or not I've got a great laptop still up
and running: a PIII running an earlier version of SuSE Linux (PIII, 128M RAM,
555Mhz processor).  When I bought it in 2000 it was the state of the art.
Now I find the internet forums choked with people complaining about
their "old" Pentium Ms and IVs and similar.  Most people have no idea a 9
year old laptop can do everything you want it to do.  I'll give the XFCE ISO
a spin, since modern KDE or Gnome set ups tend to sink it.

Thanks for the hard work!