feedback, comments on this php-delimiter scrubbing program?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Jun 16 15:30:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 06:57:45PM -0800, Mel Flynn wrote:
> On Monday 15 June 2009 17:21:16 Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > Encl: dephp.c, test
>          case '?':
>             ch = getchar();
>             while (1)
>             {
>                if (ch == '?' && (ch = getchar()) == '>')
>                {
>                   break;
>                }
>                else
>                {
>                   ch = getchar();
>                }
>             }
>             break;
>
> As has been hinted before you're not handling the EOF case. Files like:
> <?php
> class foo
> {
> 	function __construct() { echo 'foo'; };
> };
>
> Are perfectly valid php files and actually preferred for included files,
> rather then a terminating ?>, because one can start filling the output by
> trailing whitespace before EOF and thus not set any header() anymore. The
> above code will wait indefinitely for the next char or spin like mad if you're
> using non-blocking IO.

	YUP.

	I thought my initial getchar() != EOF would handle that.
	But then there's that do-forever loop.  I remember Jeffrey's
	post and tried a case 'EOF' or case '-1';  thar gives me
	compiler errors.

	Suggestions?

       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php
    The 4.98a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php