Problem with certain fonts when printing from firefox

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Mon Jun 15 21:07:06 UTC 2009

On Monday 15 June 2009 12:56:29 Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:34:19PM -0800, Mel Flynn wrote:

> > > In Firefox or in X?
> > > How do I tell?    I don't see anything that looks like
> > > those names in X.../fonts directory
> >
> > % grep ' ORIGIN:' /var/db/pkg/webfonts-0.30_6/+CONTENTS
> > @comment ORIGIN:x11-fonts/webfonts
>
> I don't seem to have any 'webfonts...' directory in /var/db/pkg/
> I guess that means nothing was every installed.  Should I now?

Yes:
portmaster /usr/ports/x11-fonts/webfonts or make -C /usr/ports/x11-
fonts/webfonts/ install

Follow the instructions from the pkg-message (allthough I don't think they're
needed anymore with automatic configuration, but it don't hurt if you already
have an xorg.conf).

Restart X for the fonts to be usable or you can use xset +fp
/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/webfonts and restart the app you want to use the
fonts in.

Easiest way to check if the fonts are enabled is to pull up any font selector
for an application and checking for "Andale Mono" and "Arial black" in the
list.
--
Mel