enable IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT for GENERIC kernel

membrana stopeme at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:37:25 UTC 2009

subbsd wrote:
> Hello maillist,
>
> Whether there is a way for booting GENERIC kernel with
> ipfw_load="YES"
>
> and
>
> 65535 allow ip from any to any
>
> rules without recompile kernel with options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT ?
>
> This is single options who force me customize my own kernel with freebsd-
> update.
>
> Thanks!

put ipfw_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf - keep in mind default is deny

use firewall_enable="YES" and  firewall_type="open" in /etc/rc.conf

Available values for firewall_type:

    *

      open -- pass all traffic.

    *

      client -- will protect only this machine.

    *

      simple -- protect the whole network.

    *

      closed -- entirely disables IP traffic except for the loopback
      interface.

    *

      UNKNOWN -- disables the loading of firewall rules.

    *

      /filename/ -- absolute path of file containing firewall rules