Xorg on FreeBSD 8* i386

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Fri Jun 12 03:30:51 UTC 2009

Aloha,

I have had problems trying to install the new Xorg on Amd64 box with
Nvidia card and also old trio.

I see many posts of issues on this on Questions List. Can I run the new
Xorg on the Amd64 with nvidia or do I have to use i386?

Also is it possible to use an older version of Xorg to make a card work
   that was working on the older version. And can the hal setup be
eliminated if it causes the video to fail?

I  want to try the previously working box ( was Running FreeBSD 7* ) as
a desktop with 8*.

Thanks for any help.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +