Automagic revision numbers with Perl Modules and SVN

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Thu Jun 11 00:59:40 UTC 2009

Jason Helfman wrote:
> Have you heard of cvs2svn? I am not sure if this could be a good candidate
> for your migration, or not, but we used it successfully at a company I used
> to work for.
>
> http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/

Thanks Jason, but it's too late for that.

Essentially, I rm'd the CVS directories from my projects to start
directly from scratch.

When I toyed with CVS, I really didn't know what I was doing. Now I'm
using SVN, with a better understanding, and the willingness to stick
with it for management of my code.

I let CVS lapse, and was editing things outside of it's scope. This
time, I'm keeping a proper central repository as our company/services
are expanding too quickly for me to keep /home/steve/devel directories
on each and every server.

Cheers,

Steve