devd or devfs for ucom?

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:47:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Steve Franks<bahamasfranks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble making my ucom devices public, following the
> handbook (had it working on 7.0, but had a disk crash).
>
> So, should I be using devd.conf or devfs.rules?  They sure seem built
> to do the same thing to me...
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

While I wouldn't mind an answer to that question, it's actually
working; however, my program that uses libftdi & libusb to talk to my
ugen still needs to run as sudo to see the device - but if I run chmod
666 /dev/* (which I'm sure is a bad idea), I don't need sudo; what
device is required for libusb besides ugen?  The hub?

Best,
Steve