another compile error

DA Forsyth d.forsyth at ru.ac.za
Wed Jun 10 09:14:10 UTC 2009

On 9 Jun 2009 , Kent Stewart entreated about
 "Re: another compile error":

> > Hello,
> >
> >  If you want udbp(4) you have to know that it requires netgraph(4).
> > They are both available as modules and/or kernel config options
> > (actually udbp(4) is a device :) ).
>
> If that is all it takes, then, I think that GENERIC should mention
> the "options NETGRAPH" as a requirement for udbp. There are numerous places
> with "requires miibus" as a comment because a device won't compile without
> it. A commented line has often been there because it was a work in progress
> such as ULE was for what seems like years or broken for unknown reasons.
> GENERIC was always self documenting.

Thanks guys.   having 'options NETGRAPH' is indeed the fix.  There is
no mention of it being required for udbp in GENERIC, nor in either of
the NOTES files.  It is mentioned in the man for udbp, which I hadn't
read (yet), silly me.

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research