emX (intel) interface ring parameters

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Tue Jun 9 09:46:40 UTC 2009

man em

      hw.em.rxd
              Number of receive descriptors allocated by the driver.  The
              default value is 256.  The 82542 and 82543-based adapters can
              handle up to 256 descriptors, while others can have up to
4096.

      hw.em.txd
              Number of transmit descriptors allocated by the driver.  The
              default value is 256.  The 82542 and 82543-based adapters can
              handle up to 256 descriptors, while others can have up to
4096.

and other things.

BTW i'm getting excellent performance from such card (PCIe, 1000Mbps/s)
with minimal CPU load