Lighttpd wedged and ignoring SIGKILL

L Campbell llc2w at virginia.edu
Tue Jun 9 04:15:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:06 PM, L Campbell<llc2w at virginia.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Mel
> Flynn<mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net> wrote:
>> Change the write-backend. Look in google for lighttpd and sendfile to see why.
>
> I was under the impression that that bug was fixed[1]. In any case,
> I've switched from freebsd-sendfile to writev. I'll send another ping
> if that doesn't fix it.

writev doesn't seem to have done the trick -- lighttpd went down and
took all the other services (ssh, etc) with it, even after a reboot
(??!).

I'm going to go with the hunch from a thread I found[1] that it could
potentially be due to kqueue and switch to writev+poll once the
machine comes back up. And then I'm turning my phone off for the
night, lmao.

Then try to convince the actual sysadmin to switch to Nginx in the
morning, because this is only helping to deepen my grudge against
Lighttpd.

Thanks again for the help guys; I'll post another message in the
morning if writev+poll crashes too (in which case faulty hardware
would enter my list of suspicions).

Bleh.

--
[1] http://groups.google.com/group/lucky.freebsd.ports/browse_thread/thread/a6e426a75077e800