Which nVidea driver to install

Jason Helfman jhelfman at e-e.com
Mon Jun 8 16:12:25 UTC 2009

I am not exactly sure which driver I am using between these two, however I
have found that setting up the driver and display are great with these
packages installed. I guess I would be using the most recent :)

nvidia-driver-173.14.12
nvidia-driver-71.86.06
nvidia-settings-173.14.09
nvidia-xconfig-1.0_2

After you use the "nvidia" driver in your Xorg.conf file, I would suggest
running, nvidia-xconfig, and then nvidia-settings while in X to configure
the card.

-Jason

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 05:05:42PM +0100, Mike Clarke thus spake: