Opinion request about a file server

Gabriel Lavoie glavoie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:48:44 UTC 2009

If you want to use gmirror + gjournal on the root filesystem (/), be
sure to use FreeBSD 7.2. A bug prevented the system to boot on unclean
shutdown because the replay of the journal took too much time and
FreeBSD wanted to mount non-existant (yet) devices. It caused me a lot
of trouble when I installed my server and finally I had to leave the
root filesystem without gjournal as a workaround.

Gabriel