enclose code and testfile.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Jun 7 22:41:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 04:52:10PM -0400, Karl Vogel wrote:
> >> On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 18:22:00 -0700,
> >> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> said:
>
> G> I'm encloseing a brief C program that skips over php delimiters and a
> G> 74-byte test file.  Am wondering if there is a better way.

	tHanks for your perl script.  What I should have added was that I was
	looking for a better way in C.  It needs to fit into my ascii-to-markup
	program.  The function to scotch <TAGS>, </TAGS> is more than a few lines
	because of error-checking.

	In addition to a C function that would skip BEGIN and END delimiters, like
	the one I cobbled together, is one possible with *any* fixed delimiters--
	say, 3- or 4- to some reasonable N- characters?

	My hunch is NO. Or at least nothing very simply for some small N, >= 7.
	(I'm thinking of the java code blurbs that end in something like "//>"

	For the php case, I could have used the "<" and ">" delimiters, but
	thought better of it.

	gary

       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php
    The 4.91a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php