ISP questions

Karl Vogel vogelke+unix at pobox.com
Fri Jun 5 18:07:57 UTC 2009

>> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:43:17 -0400,
>> Steve Bertrand <steve at ibctech.ca> said:

S> If you've ever had a job in which every single incoming call is someone
S> who is frustrated, angry and is going to take it out on *you*, it might
S> be understandable why the tech support call centre business is like an
S> employee revolving door, and they can't keep anyone longer than a few
S> months.

   I've been at a US Air Force MIS helpdesk since Sept 1988.  I wrote an
   article about some of my favorite tools, and as an aside I mentioned
   my time working in IT support.  My favorite article comment:

     "If I'm still doing this in 21 years, someone please write a
     program to kill me."

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

Oh anchor bimbo,
The gleam from your whitened teeth
Gives me a migraine.                        --snotty media haiku