Open_Source

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jun 4 18:58:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 20:31:46 +0200, cpghost <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:
> BTW, since we're talking about vintage OSes: anyone knows of a
> BS2000 clone, emulator, ...?
>
> http://ts.fujitsu.com/products/bs2000/index.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS2000
>
> I'm especially interested in an emulation of the old terminal-based
> BS2000 before they introduced POSIX compat in 1992 (i.e. BS2000 as
> of between 1986 and 1992).
>
> For other emulators of old hardware, we have the great collecton of
> /usr/ports/emulators/simh plus images, but nothing BS2000-ish (yet).
> Or do we?

Maybe you're interested in hercules, which provides emulation
of IBM's mainframe architecture that was the "parent" (with
OS/360 and OS/390) of Siemens' original BS2000.

Vintage operating systems, let's see what I can remember...
SCP, DCP, MUTOS, SVP, VMX, PSU, WEGA, KAOS, OS/ES (once my
favourite)... I'm sure no one of you knows from mind what
I'm talking about. But don't mind, they don't exist anymore. :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0