Can One Query an Oracle 10 Data Base under FreeBSD?

Jose Garcia Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:41:26 UTC 2009

El miércoles 03 de junio a las 00:41:16 CEST, Michael L. Squires escribió:

> There is a port of the Oracle instant client which runs under Linux
> emulation in /usr/ports/databases/linux-oracle-instantclient-<basic,sdk,sqlplus>
>
> This appears to use the 10.2.0.3 Oracle Linux instant client.
>
> I used them some time ago to query an Oracle 10g server, but I didn't test
> them extensively.

I use sqlplus with instantclient every day and every hour in my FreeBSD
desktop, and works perfectly. I had some issues in FreeBSD 7.0:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2008-September/005247.html

but they were fixed in FreeBSD 7.1.

Apart from sqlplus with instantcliente, you can give a try to
databases/sqldeveloper. It works with java, which has addvantages and
dissanvantages.

Regards