Open_Source

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 00:19:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 08:12, madunix <madunix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Experts,

That's an incorrect assumption! Heh. No expert me...

> I want to know out of your experience people the following,
> 1- How open source served your businesses  requirements?

Low cost implementations of useful tools for spam/virus mitigation and
network monitoring, plus a network gateway.

> 2- What kind of application that running on Open Source?

Maia Mailguard (including postfix, mysql, clamav, spamassassin), ntop,
netdisco, mrtg, nagios and a few others. Built a gateway/router with a
whitebox, FreeBSD and 3 dual-port NICS to segregate our production
network from our test/dev networks. Built a router with a Sangoma card
and a white box for our DS3 and T1 connections.

> 3- General experience with Open Source technology?

In what sense do you ask?

> Your input would be really appreciated.

Turn about is fair play, methinks. For what purpose(s) are you asking
the question?

Kurt